The Cycle Hub bike track for the Ouseburn Festival is designed for 6 to 15 year-olds of all abilities. This event is designed to encourage participants to cycle in safe and contained ways and improve skills. This is done by incorporating simple games to improve signaling and bike control. Training aids are used to improve balance and understanding of cycling for all individuals.
What is Provided:
- Trained Instructors, minimum of two per track session
- Bike Track – Wooden structure that is able to be raised to different levels and constructed in relation to the skill and riding level of all participants. The track is of varying widths between 30 to 60 cms and heights ranging from 15 to 50cms.
- Bikes – A limited number of smaller children’s bikes and helmets (universal sizes). – so bring your own bike to guarantee a go!
- Bike and helmet check for those people with their own bikes and helmets.
When the sessions are:
One bike session to run each hour, on the hour, from 11 am to 4 pm. Each session last about 30 to 45 minutes.
Other essential info:
- An adult needs to sign participants in.
- Minimum age to take part is 6 years old, maximum age is 15 years old.
- Helmets to be worn at all times.
- There can be up to 10 participants in each session.